Project Managers have been chosen because of their high-performance characteristics and their close alignment to EMA’s core values. Successful project managers embody the following traits: good people and management skills, well organized, great follow-up skills, logical thought process, and good analytical ability.
Job responsibilities include:
Project Management Responsibilities:
- Initiate Projects – With the Engineering Director, establish project team and team leader. For assigned projects, complete project initiation documents which include budget, milestones and schedule for completion, verify all information is entered correctly into Ajera. Enter all startup/initial information into One Note project file including detailed work scope/outline and owner requirements.
- Manage Project Implementation – With assigned project team and team leader, ensure that all steps and procedures are taken according to policy, procedure, standards, Owner Requirements, etc., and that all work is completed as planned and scheduled. This includes keeping the client informed of the on-going status of a project team. Provides day-to-day communication with the Client, Architect and Owner. Acts as primary contact for technical aspects of project. Provides coordination of documents required to complete a project. Keeps status of project and all correspondence up to date weekly in One Note.
- Coordinate/Communicate with Peers – Keep all deliverable dates accurate in Ajera and make all schedule changes in a timely fashion so project teams can utilize their time effectively. The internal team is an equivalent client to the owners and architects. Keep the project status reporting system current with the actions and changes that take place on assigned projects so the overall organization is able to respond to client requests (Ajera and One Note).
- Provide Technical Advice and Design – Contribute to the development of recommendations for assigned projects and others. Consistently meet and then exceed client expectations by ensuring accurate, complete, and timely communication of information to and from clients and firm staff.
- Ensure the preparation of accurate, complete, and value-added work products by: monitoring and improving the document delivery process; identifying and implementing ideas that save client time and money of that effectively solve potential problems/opportunities; reviewing interim work products/submittals and providing needed feedback regarding accuracy, completeness, and value; mentoring firm team members; and asking the client to identify products/services that provide the greatest value, and checking all drawings and specifications before project bids.
Business/Fiscal Management Responsibilities:
- Communicate Opportunities – Communicate/present potential new business or resource information, competitive situations, or technology/regulatory factors to the company.
- Control Costs – As a part of the management of each project, ensure that costs are kept in line with the original budget for time, travel, and material expenses. Discuss variations with supervisor and issue project change notices to reflect agreed—upon changes.
- Maximize Project Profitability – Through appropriate project budgeting/pricing, utilization of resources and cost controls, maximize the profit margin on individual projects.
- Manage and Develop Project Staff – Understand the strengths and areas needing improvement for assigned project staff. Manage, support, and evaluate each individual towards achieving their maximum potential.
- Be a Public Relations Ambassador – Be proactive in presenting and communicating the capabilities and strengths of the company to all the public.
Relationship Building Responsibilities:
- Solicit new clients/projects.
- In interfacing with potential or existing clients, listen for and seek out new projects that may exist or are being formulated.
- Set up meetings and/or participate in the development of proposals as requested.
- Maintain contact with clients.
- Meet regularly with key clients to discuss current projects, evaluate firm performance, and identify other business opportunities either with current clients, or through referrals.
- Develop firm staff through on-the-job coaching and regular use of significant incidents, project review forms and personal development plan discussions.
- Accept responsibility for giving, seeking, and acting on feedback needed: for personal career development and peak professional performance; to keep Principal in Charge or Assigned Administrator appraised of project status and needs; to resolve project-related technical problems; and to resolve project-related personnel issues.
- Other duties assigned.
- Other duties assigned.
·Work from home policy
·Flexible work schedule that allows for half-day Fridays
·Generous Paid Time Off policy
·Seven paid company holidays
·Employer paid Medical and Dental plan for employees and partial paid Medical plan for dependents.
·Optional supplemental plans include vision, accident & wellness, and cancer policies.
·Enhanced matching 401(k) plan. Maximum match equals employee contribution of 6%, with company match of 7% (6% match + additional 1%).
·Mileage reimbursement that follows the IRS reimbursement rate