|Department:||Electrical and Mechanical|
|Contact Name:||Payton Nelson|
1 to 3 years of relevant work experience. School experience may be substituted for work experience
An Intern is an entry level position for someone that has minimal or no design experience. Working knowledge of AutoCAD and/or REVIT is preferred. The Intern will be responsible for learning EMA’s design process, setting up jobs, and learning to keep track of job deliverables and deadlines. Technical accuracy of work responsibilities will be reviewed during the progress of and on completion of daily tasks by the Team Leader and the Department Leader.
· Team Leader for project proficiency and performance
· Department Lead for technical competency
Job responsibilities include:
· Determines design criteria, drawing sequence and presentation, sizing various system components and refining rough sketches and notes to include material quantities and equipment specifications obtained from standard calculations and vendor catalogs.
· Increase knowledge and competency of AutoCAD, Revit, and Microsoft Office suite.
· Learn the design process including check set requirements, drafting standards, and properly show devices by space (60% -75% layout)
· Learn about sheets
· Learn what governs our design including codes (NEC, IESNA, IECC) and requirements (owner, city, architectural)
· Communicate questions to team members, team leader, project manager, and client.
· Track job schedules and deadlines
· Become familiar with EMA network (X, Y, Z, W, R)
· Conduct field work as needed for design which may include but is not limited to extensive walking, the ability to drive to a job site, climbing on a ladder, crawling through crawlspaces, and walking on a roof.
· Current student in a 4 year engineering program.
· Associates of Applied Science in Engineering Design Technology, Certificate of Proficiency in Computer-Aided Drafting, or equivalent education preferred but not required.
· AutoCAD experience preferred
· Revit experience preferred
·Work from home policy
·Flexible work schedule that allows for half-day Fridays
·Generous Paid Time Off policy
·Seven paid company holidays
·Employer paid Medical and Dental plan for employees and partial paid Medical plan for dependents.
·Optional supplemental plans include vision, accident & wellness, and cancer policies.
·Enhanced matching 401(k) plan. Maximum match equals employee contribution of 6%, with company match of 7% (6% match + additional 1%).
·Mileage reimbursement that follows the IRS reimbursement rate