The Graduate Engineer (Engineer-in-Training) is recent engineering graduate from an accredited university. The Graduate Engineer must have passed their Fundamentals of Engineering test . Working knowledge of AutoCAD and REVIT is preferred. Should have some familiarity of codes, EMA’s design process, and be able to consistently complete job deliverables and deadlines on time. The Graduate Engineer should be a leader on the team and should focus on communication and coordination with project managers, team leader, team members, etc. The Graduate Engineer will also assist in training down to other team members on how EMA’s design process works.
Job responsibilities include:
· Learn EMA’s design process to get projects to 100% or as close to 100% as possible.
· Working knowledge of AutoCAD and REVIT
· Performs design calculations, prepares material and equipment specifications, and provides preliminary sketches and notes for drawings.
· Check drawings for completeness and accuracy.
· Help train less experienced team members to gain experience and knowledge of EMA’s design process.
· Communicate and coordinate with project managers, team members, team leader, owners, architects, etc. on design work, job schedules, and deadlines for each project.
· Increase time management and organization skills by learning to review submittals, write addendums, as well as answering RFIs, ASIs, and emails in a professional and timely manner.
· Set up and edit specifications for jobs. Be able to train other team members on specification process.
· Prioritize and delegate through the design process for a project as needed.
· Conduct field work as needed for design which may include but is not limited to extensive walking, the ability to drive to a job site, climbing on a ladder, crawling through crawlspaces, and walking on a roof.